The ultimate goal of the Chicago White Sox is to compete for a championship every season. We take great pride in our team's accomplishments on the field, but just as important to the organization are our accomplishments off the field. Grant funding from Chicago White Sox Charities (CWSC) and the White Sox Community Fund (WSCF), a McCormick Foundation fund, has delivered more than $32 million to life-changing causes and non-profit organizations across the city, striving to make Chicago a better place to live, work and play.
Through the grant giving program, CWSC and WSCF, support Chicago-based agencies that provide critically important services to our community's underserved and marginalized residents. Qualified nonprofit organizations are invited to participate in the grant review process.
- Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment: Intervention and resource delivery programs for children and families experiencing abuse and neglect. This includes child, youth and family counseling, family support and home-visiting services.
- Health and Wellness: Healthy lifestyle programs for at-risk youth and youth athletic programs that emphasize health and wellness and nutrition.
- Youth Education: Academic enhancement programs for at-risk students and programs that support scholastic achievement, completion of high school, and college acceptance and persistence.
- Cancer Research and Treatment: Innovative medical research studies and invaluable support services for children and families affected by cancer.
- Greater Chicago metropolitan region
Eligible organizations/programs will:
- Have 501(c)3 federal tax-exempt status
- Demonstrate a minimum of one full year of program services and outcomes
- Demonstrate a strong financial position
- Report strong evidence-based measurable outcomes and meet grant making criteria in one funding area
Grants are made to qualified nonprofit organizations that focus on Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment, Health and Wellness, Youth Education, Cancer Research and Treatment.
To be added to our LOI interest list, please fill out the form below.