Major League Baseball is excited to activate PLAY BALL in a community near you in 2021! While we look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event, the commitment to safety of participants remains of paramount importance. We ask that prior to registering for this event that you please review the below health and safety requirements. MLB appreciates your participation and commitment to safety for all involved.
- Pre-registration is required to attend a PLAY BALL event. No in-person, on-site registration will be permitted.
- Registration for all event dates can be found at https://www.mlb.com/play-ball/events.
Health and Safety Assessment:
- Prior to arrival, all attending the event should ensure they do not have a fever of 100.4°F or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Please see the bottom of this page for an example of a pre-activity symptom assessment.
- Any individual who has a temperature of 100.4°F or exhibits any COVID-19 symptom should not attend the event or travel to the event site.
- Event check-in and access to the field will only be permitted at the event check-in times listed on the PLAY BALL website.
- All event participants will undergo a temperature check and symptom assessment upon their arrival at the event check-in site.
- Any individual who has a temperature of 100.4°F or above or expresses that they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, will not be allowed to participate and will be sent home.
- Once checked in, all event participants will be directed on field. All parents/guardians and spectators will be directed to the field permitter until the conclusion of the event.
- At the conclusion of the event, participants should exit the facility as soon as possible.
- Parents/guardians and spectators will not be permitted to enter the field space, so should meet their child upon their exit.
Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”) Requirements:
- Face masks or face coverings are required for all event participants and event operators.
- Participants are required to wear a face mask or face covering at all times during the event.
- Face masks or face coverings are required for all spectators where social distancing cannot be maintained or where required by state/local ordinance.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged between participants and on-field staff.
- No personal equipment is needed to attend this event and all necessary equipment will be made available on-field. All attendees that arrive with personal equipment will be asked to leave it with a parent/guardian until the conclusion of the event.
- Participants should attend the event with an individualized water bottle if desired. Communal water or sport drink coolers will not be available.
- Snacks or other food products are not permitted. Sunflower seeds, bubble gum and spitting are prohibited.
- Spectators may only view the event from designated spectator sections. Spectators, including parents/guardians, will not be permitted on field, and will be instructed to move to the field perimeter upon completing the check-in process for their child.
- Face masks or face coverings are required for all spectators at the event.
- Spectators with no familial relation or outside of the same household should maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- Spectators are requested to follow all safety signage regarding social distancing and public safety.
- Violations of safety protocols by parents/guardians or spectators may result in the participant’s potential removal from the event.
Pre-Activity Symptom Assessment
In the past 24 hours, have you experienced any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
Have you had a fever at or above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or taken any fever-reducing medications (e.g., Tylenol or Advil) within in the last 72 hours?
Do you have reason to believe that you, or anyone with whom you’ve had close contact, may have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days?